Cheesy Fish Pie
307 calories, 2.7% fat
450g potatoes, peeled
1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
450g mixed chunky boneless fish (eg cod, hake, haddock)
50g frozen peas
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
600ml semi-skimmed milk
1-2 tbsps cornflour
1 tsp vegetable stock powder
50g Low-fat Mature Cheese, grated
Freshly ground black pepper
• Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6.
• Boil the potatoes, then drain. Mash the potatoes, adding the chopped chives and a little cold milk.
• Cut the fish into bite-sized pieces and place in the bottom of an ovenproof dish. Add the frozen peas, then cover with the parsley and season with black pepper.
• Heat the milk in a saucepan. Mix the cornflour with a little extra cold milk and whisk into the hot milk. Stir in the stock powder, then pour the sauce over the fish.
• Top with the mashed potato, sprinkle the cheese on top and oven bake for 20 minutes. Serve with extra vegetables.