Vegetable & Chestnut Pie
414 calories, 2.2% fat
400g leftover vegetables, carrots, beans, sprouts, peas
2 onions, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
300ml semi-skimmed milk
2 tbsps vegetable gravy granules
200g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
200g cooked chestnuts
6 sheets filo pastry
1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
freshly ground black pepper
• Preheat a non-stick pan. Dry-fry the vegetables, mixing well
• Add the onions and garlic to the pan and dry-fry for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the milk and sprinkle over the gravy granules. Mix well cooking over a low heat for 1 minute.
• Add the mushrooms and chestnuts and simmer gently for 15 minutes to allow the mixture to thicken, stirring occasionally then transfer to an ovenproof dish.
• Cover with layers of filo pastry spraying lightly with oil spray in between each layer. Season well with black pepper and place in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
• Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with a selection of fresh vegetables.